To apply for the Spring of 2020, please fill out the application below:
The Deadline is October 11th.
Sophomore-level and second-semester freshman applications are handled directly by the office. In these cases, please email email@example.com to inquire how to apply.
The following documents will need to be prepared before you begin the online application. All documents should be saved in PDF format with your first and last name in the file name. They will all be uploaded directly to the online application. Once you have the documents you need, go to the online application link below and fill it out.
- Cover Letter
This letter should express your interest in and reasons for applying to be a Kairos Scholar. Please comment on your expectations of a member of the community of Kairos, based upon your knowledge of the program thus far and your previous experiences in various communities. Describe the qualities you as an individual will contribute to this academic community.
- Curriculum vitae
Your CV should cover your involvement in the following areas:
- Important classes you have taken
- Clubs, organizations, and extracurricular activities in which you have participated
- Honors and awards you have received
- Volunteer and/or other service experience
- Any international travel or experience abroad
- Professors of Recommendation
You must provide the names of two professors we can contact in reference to your character, work ethic, etc.
4. Short Responses
Short responses may be filled out on the online application in the provided spaces.
- Beyond academics, what are you passionate about?
- What are the virtues and vices of individualism?
- Which academic subject do find least interesting? Why?
- What is something about which you have changed your mind in the last few years?
5. Phone Interview
Finally, student members of the Kairos Scholars Recruitment Committee would like to conduct a brief phone interview with each applicant. The interviewer will ask you a few questions over the phone, allowing the application reviewers to get to know you better. Feel free to ask any questions you have about the Kairos Scholars program at this time.
You will be asked to sign-up for a half-hour interview time as part of the online application. If you need to reschedule or are unable to be interviewed at your scheduled time, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every attempt to reschedule missed interviews.